Jennifer Sellers, MCC
- Inspired Mastery Chief Energy Officer
- Master Certified Coach
- Master Certified Inspired Learning Facilitator
- Expert in Leadership Development
- Expert in Coaching Executives Perceived as Abrasive
- Expert in Working with Teams in Conflict
- Co-author of PAUSE: 52 Ways to Shift Any Outcome in Less Than a Minute
From the time I was a little girl I have been fascinated by the inner life and the human potential to create, although I would have used very different words then. Much later as a contractor to NASA, I saw so much suffering in the corporate workplace. I help leaders tap their own potential to find the practical strategies and approaches unique to them in order to get the results they want, reduce workplace suffering, and create wins for their organizations.
Coaching since 2002, Jen Sellers is an executive coach, facilitator, and author. She is the Chief Energy Officer of Inspired Mastery and is an expert in partnering with executives to gain a clear view of their own thinking; to master new interpersonal skills; to locate and tap into resources inside themselves, inside their organizations, and in the larger network; and to commit to action that leads to innovation. She has developed leaders for Freeport-McMoRan Copper and Gold, Accenture, IBM, the US Department of Justice, the Tucson Airport Authority, and many other businesses and non-profits.
Areas of Expertise
- Leadership Mastery – authentic and powerful expression of best leadership practices
- Executive Presence – articulating, exemplifying, and animating a vision
- Practical Inspiration – experimenting, reflecting, and guiding others to do the same
- Positive Turn-around – from the abrasive individual to the conflicted team, moving in the direction of collaboration, development of others, and a climate of trust
Jen was employed for 10 years by corporations such as Hughes and Raytheon under contract to NASA, where she facilitated groups and teams in NASA’s Learning Technologies Project. Her leadership, strong project management, and knowledge of the education arena insured a well-run project with high visibility at NASA, the US Department of Education, nationally, and internationally.
A co-author of Pause: 52 Ways to Shift Any Outcome in Less Than a Minute, a book of practical mindfulness practices for leaders, Jen is also a contributing author to The Handbook of Knowledge-based Coaching. She holds a Bachelor of Science in Education. In her first career, she enjoyed 13 years in both the public schools grades 7-12 and in adult education.
Jen is a past president of the Southern Arizona Chapter of the International Coach Federation (ICF), a volunteer credentialing assessor for the ICF, a member of the American Society for Training and Development, a former coach trainer in Fielding Graduate University’s Evidence Based Coaching program, and a pro bono coach for TED fellows. She is a member of the Boss Whispering Institute and is accredited in Boss Whispering.
Now residing in Tucson, Arizona with her husband and the second of two daughters who remains at home, Jen grew up in Arizona, and has lived in Colorado, Mexico, Japan, and the Washington, DC metro area. She enjoys hiking, yoga, singing around the house, and Zen meditation. She speaks fluent Spanish, once spoke decent Japanese, and has studied a smattering of other languages.